NET stands for Neuro Emotional Technique.
It is an approach to helping stress related conditions through improving the mind-body relationship. A NET practitioner knows that you must treat the whole person. It was developed in the early 1980’s by Scott Walker, DC. He first developed a procedure using a specific chiropractic adjustment that achieved astounding psychological and physiological improvements. Then in the 1990’s NET was enlarged to address these four major components that affect your total well-being:
- Effects of emotional or stress related factors. NET is one approach used to treat these.
- Effects of toxins (things that are in the body and shouldn’t be there). Specific homeopathic support can help.
- Effects of nutrition (things that should be in your body but aren’t) Diet and nutritional support can help.
- Effects of structural and physical corrections. Chiropractic treatments help this.
Stress affects the body in many ways
– chronic pain, organ dysfunctions, neurological problems, musculoskeletal and immunological conditions, allergies, headaches and more.
NET doesn’t “cure” the patient. Rather it removes blocks, allowing the body to repair itself naturally.
NET practitioners determine which stress factors are contributing to the patient’s condition by employing the Manual Muscle Test. This accesses how emotions affect the way your body works. Muscles will usually test strong when a patient makes a statement with which he is in harmony, where in contrast a muscle will usually test weak when the patient says a non-harmonizing statement.
The practitioner determines which application is needed to correct the weakness. When the appropriate intervention is achieved, the previously weak Manual Muscle Test will now test strong. Follow up visits determines if the initial stress factors are stabilized.
The primary goal of NET is to resolve mind-body stress
. The treatment process includes having the patient connect with his “feelings” around a stress-related issue (the memory/physiological dynamic) while a correction is made to allow the body to stop the unresolved stress response.
If you’re tired of being treated for the symptoms and want to finally get to the root of your health problems, perhaps it’s time to consult with a NET practitioner. If you are looking for a NET Practitioner in Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington, contact my office and set up an appointment