I have worked from home for over 25 years so I’ve given this topic a lot of thought. I also work as a consultant for family businesses that are run from a home office. Some people thrive in that environment but for others it quickly becomes a nightmare!
I’ve compiled a list of 7 questions that I recommend asking yourself before making such a decision. Be sure to answer each question honestly.
1. Does your neighborhood allow home-based businesses? Are there any zoning restrictions?
2. Is your neighborhood a suitable location for your business?
3. Is your property well maintained with adequate parking for your clients/customers?
4. Does your house have a business office area suitable to your business’ needs? Can visitors get to your business office without going through your entire house?
5. Does your family understand your plans and are they supportive?
6. Do you work well without supervision? Are you self-disciplined?
7. Do you mind being alone for long stretches of time?
For more information about the Entrepreneurial Life and making it work for you, click here.