How much do you need to make in order to be happy? They discovered that…
- “23% said they’d need between $100,000 and $199,999.
- Over half of people said it would take less than $100,000 to make them happy.
- Almost a quarter of the people said between $50,000 and $74,999 would work.
- 10% said $30,000 would be their minimum requirement.”
How much does it take to consider yourself rich? They discovered that…
- “11% said they’d need to make $1 million or more.
- The most typical answers fell between $100,000 and $199,999.
- 60% thought incomes below $250,000 would be enough.”
The article refers to a Princeton study, which found that “high income buys life satisfaction but not happiness, and that low income is associated both with low life evaluation and low emotional well-being.”
Maybe some follow up questions should be – what do you do with your money? Do you spend it as fast as it comes in? Do you spend more than what’s coming in? Do you save? Are you using your money to achieve specific goals, or is it flying out the window with nothing to show for it?
As a psychologist in private practice I see clients who struggle to find happiness even when they’ve achieved their financial goals. Join us on my Facebook page, (https://www.facebook.com/Kathy.Marshack.Ph.D) and let’s talk about this question – Do you define your riches in terms of monetary wealth or life experiences?