Getting healthy is something we all know we should do, but can easily shove aside when the day gets busy. Why is taking care of our physical health so important? Science has proven that your eating and exercise habits profoundly affect your intellect and longevity. Isn’t that what we all want? Take some time to assess your physical health and then develop a routine to correct whatever needs to be adjusted.
Here are a few simple things that could make a big impact on your health:
- Educate yourself about proper nutrition and physical fitness.
- Minimize your intake of sugar. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and whole foods.
- Go for a walk every day. During an evening stroll with your spouse, talk about anything but business.
- If you are more sports-minded, join a basketball team or tennis club.
- Do your own gardening and housework and build up a few unused muscles. As an added benefit, mindless work sometimes helps to drain the day’s stresses and rejuvenate the creative juices for the next day.
To learn more about my five tools for purposeful growth, pick up your own of Entrepreneurial Couples Making it Work at Work and at Home. Now available on Kindle!